1.4.7 is a Security Fix Please update your plugin to the latest version
This plugin provides a thumbnail area in the Your Profile section, where users can upload & crop new images in an overlay and upon cropping the image, the new image will be saved and stored. This gives users with any role the chance to easily upload an image and view their current thumbnail, all in one go. In Discussion, the default image associated with the user will be replaced with the user avatar image uploaded and this will then be the image shown in comments and also in People Lists (see below).
This plugin was developed for People Lists and this plugin provides a rich text editor on the profile page for easy modifications of specific user profile information that can be displayed on any page using the [people-lists list=example-list] shortcode. Admins will also be able to add custom fields to the Your Profile section on WordPress and these fields can be displayed on any page using the People Lists template (which can be styled using HTML) that provides codes for every field that is desired to be displayed. There is a specific code in People Lists that hooks this thumbnail into your lists template display, so grab People Lists plugin as well!!
Take a look at the screenshots!
This plugin was developed using PHP 5.1 and hasn’t been tested on other version of php
But if you are able to run upload picture and set them as featured image then you
also shouldn’t be have problems using this plugin.
- Download the plugin package
- Unzip the package and upload to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“User Avatar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- security vulnerability fix.
- added the Hungarian translation by feriman.
- added the Turkish translation by denizci88.
- made it work with 3.4.1 again Thanks juanmatias for the fix
- allowed the user with ‘edit_user’ capability to update other peoples profiles thanks to greekdish
- updated to the latest version of the timthumb 2.8.10
- Bug fix: If you are running WordPress MU and don’t have the a subdomain install this should will fix your problem
- Added the Mandarin CH Translation thanks to Adim Lee
- Minor: Removed Notice errors
- Bug fix: Sites that were installed in a sub directory had the problem where user avatars disappeared. Thanks to Woostotmar for pointing that out!
- Bug fix: Was displaying a PHP warning if folders were not present! Many Thanks to Gabriel Serafini!
- Bug fix: When the site has don’t show avatars, users are not able to edit their avatars.
- Added the Spanish Translation many thanks to – GabrielBS
- Now using the latest timthumb script, this is a security update and will fix the
- Improved compatibility issues with some plugins. (this might fix the issue of having some js errors and the crop area not showing up.)
- Added the Russian Translation thanks to – iV@N1971
- Added the Italian Translation thanks to – Punxsutawney Phil
- generated html validates better in html strictmode
- This is not a necessary update
- some more bugs resolved. Thanks to @ronymehta and @lilos
- 3.1 backwards compatibility for editing user avatars for people that have these sort of privileges.
- Changed esc_url to esc_url_raw thanks to @ronymehta
- fixed a bug thanks to @BandB
- Caching fixes
- Translation ready
- Security improvements
- Fixed bugs that were result of the WP 3.1 update and also making it more future prof
- Resizes images and caches them using timthumb script.
- Better classes added to the avatar image so that less theme should break
- Fixed Error bug in comments
- Added functionality to remove avatar
- Default image is Gravatar if it exists, else it will be the image selected from settings >> discussion
- First Public Release