The best and most flexible tag cloud generator for WordPress sites. Easy to implement with shortcode, easy to style and can show a cloud of lists of various taxonomies. It can even display manually created lists with hyperlinks.
Wolfe Candy Tag Cloud is part of the Wolfe Candy suite of plugins that all work together to make WordPress site creation that much easier.
Major features include:
- Configable style options using short-code, URL POST arguments or default settings or factory defaults.
- Default values make calling a cloud easy.
- Styles and order can be randomised.
- Size of tags can be displayed according to rating scores.
- Any font that is supported by the browser can be used.
- Insert anywhere within posts or pages.
- Show a cloud of any taxonomy including post_tag, category or any custom taxonomy.
- Programatically or manually create a cloud based on ANY list.
It is completely FREE – development and maintenance by the Wolfe Candy team headed by Jrack Wolfe is funded through donations from generous users.
Upload the plugin, activate it, and then place the shortcode where you want it to display.
It is recommended that the Wolfe Candy Tool Suite is also installed as this provides a user manual for the tag cloud and a screen of fully configurable options, but it is not a requirement.
Can I use the tag cloud programatically?
Yes – the tag cloud is created as a class that can easily be called and configured. The manual is a text file distributed with the code.
Can I display a cloud of categories?
Yes – use the shortcode argument to simply change taxonomy.
Can I configure it using the admin dashboard?
Yes – but this requires the FREE Wolfe Candy Tool Suite plugin to be installed first. Tag Cloud settings will appear automatically in the Wolfe Candy Settings dashboard.
Contributors & Developers
“Wolfe Candy Tag Cloud” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Wolfe Candy Tag Cloud” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release Date – 16 September 2022
- Fixed division by zero error when using ratings.
Release Date – 10 September 2022
- First release.