With Themes4WP Youtube External Subtitles you can display subtitles over the YouTube videos on your website (subtitles, texts, comments or lyrics as well).
With this shortcode you can display the custom subtitles over the YouTube videos.
A very lightweight, easy to use plugin. Its overall size is around 11 kb. Scripts are loaded only on pages with the sortcode.
[youtube-subtitles width="640" height="360" id="" sub=""]
- id = YouTube ID (e.c. fGPPfZIvtCw)
- sub = Subtitle URL (Must be uploaded on your host. External link is deprecated)
- width = Video width (default 640)
- height = Video height (default 360)
1 00:00:02,000 --> 00:00:06,000 Subtitle 1.1 Subtitle 1.2 2 00:00:28,967 --> 01:30:30,958 Subtitle 2.1 Subtitle 2.2
Youtube External Subtitles Homepage & Demo
- Upload the folder ‘themes4wp-youtube-external-subtitles’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Paste the shortcode to your post (add video ID and Subtitle URL)
- Can I use subtitles located on another server?
No, you can use subtitles that are uploaded on your host. You can upload the subtitles to your WordPress media gallery and paste the subtitle URL to shortcode.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Themes4WP YouTube External Subtitles” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release