Got an old domain? 404 errors all over? using WordPress?
Time to remove those 404 errors and recover your lost inbound links…
Using SEO404, a very lightweight plugin for WordPress, you can easily change all those 404 errors to 301 redirects for your blog frontpage.
- Since 0.3 define the 301 redirect destination url.
We’ve used this technique to force redirects to the frontpage before. Though usually just included it in a wordpress theme. But why not have this as a plugin? So here is SEO404 WordPress plugin, ready for use.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the ‘SEO404’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place ” in your templates
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“SEO404” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “SEO404” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
* Bug fixes
* Minor text changes
* Plugin configuration page added.
* Now can redirect 404 errors to specific url (if defined on configuration page)
Removed namespace, to provide compatibility with older versions of PHP
Basic functionality – hooks into wordpress and redirects to front page.