This plugin adds a block style called “Photocopy” to the Image, Gallery, and Media & Text blocks. When applied, it roughly emulates the look of a high-contrast photocopy.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” screen in WordPress
- Select an Image, Gallery, or Media & Text block.
- Using either the block switcher or the block settings, choose the \”Photocopy\” block style.
How does this work?
The block style applies a handful of CSS filters to your images or text. It looks kind of like a photocopy.
Why are the text styles labeled experimental?
These filters are a little unpredictable — different browsers render them in different ways. But hey, photocopiers are a little unpredictable too! It’s more lifelike this way.
Are there any known issues?
- The effect doesn’t play great with Image block captions at the moment. The overlay pattern sometimes shows up behind the caption.
- The warped styles cut off the resize drag handles.
Can I contribute to this plugin?
- Of course! It’s open source. Visit the GitHub repository to browse the code or submit ideas.
Contributors & Developers
“Photocopier” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Photocopier” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Adds warped text effects for paragraph and header blocks.
- Adds an experimental “Warped” block style.
- Improved rendering of the pattern on different screen resolutions.
- Improved Pattern
- Fix the way the pattern maps to the image.
- Initial Release