The document repository is designed to provide a central revisioned repository for documents in WordPress network being implemented as a content management system. However, it can be used in single WP sites and supports cross domain implementation via JSON.
- Download via permlink – The document post permalink delivers a direct download of the current version of the uploaded document.
- Document revisions – On upload of each document, a new revision of the document post is created. Previous versions remain attached to prior revisions.
- Version independence – The permalink to the most recent version of the document doesn’t change which enables one time internal or external linking to the document.
- Revision download via permalink – Prior versions of the document each have a distinct permalink which delivers a direct download.
- Optional custom taxonomies – A custom taxonomy plugin is included to model implementing custom taxonomies with the document post type
- Optional custom roles – A custom role plugin is included which permits restricting contributor, author & editor access to document posts based on organizational role
- Optiona extras – The extras plugin is included to add a link to document admin to document maintainers’ admin bar & adds a document media type to the edit post area across the network.
- Upload the entire
document-repositoryfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In a WordPress network add the repository site URL to your wp-config.php
define( ‘RA_DOCUMENT_REPO_URL’, ‘http://domain.com’ );
- If using the Extras plugin in a WordPress network, network activate it and add the repository blog ID to your wp-config.php
define( ‘RA_DOCUMENT_REPO_BLOG_ID’, 1 );
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Document Repository” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- update for WP 3.5
- script fixes to 0.2.3, crossdomain IE support
- add filter for custom taxonomy caps
- use selected text in post edit as link text when inserting document link
- extras script fixes for media library iframe
- translation support
- small fixes to document-repository plugin
- Rounded out feature set to beta.
- Original version.