This plugin will allow a user to be notified as soon as they are mentioned in a comment by prepending the @ symbol to their username. Setup the mentions in just a few clicks, as well as modify the notification email to your preference.
- Once activated, click the “Discussion” link under the admin Settings menu.
- Scroll down to the “Email Mention Notifications” section
- Change the header and body style of the email that is sent to the user who is mentioned in the comment.
- How do I mention a user in a comment?
This can be done by adding an ‘@’ symbol before the user’s username (Example: @Joe).
- How do I enable/disable mention notifications for my users?
This can be done by going to the ‘Discussion’ page under ‘Settings’ and scrolling down to the ‘Email Mention Notifications’ section. A checkbox can be checked/unchecked to achieve this.
- How do I style my notification email?
This can be done by going to the ‘Discussion’ page under ‘Settings’ and scrolling down to the ‘Email Mention Notifications’ section. A ‘Header’ and ‘Body’ field can be edited to your preference using HTML.
Contributors & Developers
“Comment Mention Notifications” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Comment Mention Notifications” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested on WordPress 4.6.1