The Before You Are Dead (BYAD) Countdown provides a simple widget witch displays a countdown timer with Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds and optionally, Years. You can configure some settings: Final date, Final time in the day, Final date format, Your final words and Years display.
- You can display the BYAD Countdown via:
- a Widget
- a Shortcode
BYAD Countdown implements some filters to use with add_filter() function:
- byad_date_data > array( byadRegional, byadIcon) for jquery datepicker in admin. Useful for localization. Default in french. (see – byad-settings.php – around line 131). Check code example in help-code.txt file.
- byad_title > filter for the widget title output. (see – byad-countdown_widget.php – around line 25)
- byad_timezone > to set timezone for date php functions. Default: ‘Europe/Paris’. (see – byad-countdown_widget.php – around line 42)
- byad_jsdata > to configure data passed to the main – byad-countdown.js – file displaying and activating your “last time of life”. (see – byad-countdown_widget.php – around line 53)
You can also:
- use your own css using this simple action hook: byad_stylesheet.
- use your own datepicker JS language file using this other action hook: byad_datepicker_lang.
- Check examples in help-code.txt file.
BYAD Countdown distributes with translations for the following languages:
Don’t see your language on the list?
There is a – byad-countdown-default.po – in the languages/ directory.
Use it with Poedit as a base .PO file for your language.
Save it as: byad-countdown-LANGCODE.po where LANGCODE is your language code (e.g. fr_FR).
If you create any, I’ll be glad to include it in the plugin.
- Link to Languages Codes
- Link to the excellent Poedit software
- See also my help-code.txt file for more info.
This section describes how to install the plugin and stay alive.
- Upload before-you-are-dead-countdown/ folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the – Plugins – menu in WordPress.
- In the Plugins main page, click – Settings – under the plugin’s name or go to the options panel under the – Settings > BYAD Countdown – and select the day of your death, your death date format, fill your last words, and choose to enable/disable Years display.
- Have fun before it’s to late!
None. Everybody RIP.
Contributors & Developers
“Before You Are Dead Countdown” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Before You Are Dead Countdown” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added option to specify the time (HH:MM:SS) of the day you want to die (you can even specify the seconds for the really precise ones)
- Tested in WP 4.0
- Changed the donate link
- Bug with the readme file…
- Compatibility with WP 3.9
- Improved date format settings
- Updated translations (EN,FR & IT)
- Added Italian language
- Included – jquery.ui.i18n.all.js – file. This way every languages are possible for the datepicker.
- Removed js/datepicker-fr.js
- Added shortcode funtionnality [byad_countdown title=”Your-custom-title”] (title optional)
- Renamed classes from …CountDown… to …Countdown… for best practices
- Changed and insure existence of a default widget title
- Added action: “byad_datepicker_lang” to facilitate the enqueueing of other datepicker languages
- Updated .PO files
- Changed version number.
- Reordered options settings fields
- Changed version number.
- Fixed date format bug.
- Added new option
- Beginning of the rest of my life.