Logic is used to identify spam comment submissions. No user interaction is required. The spam blocking mechanisms work transparently behind the scenes. Most visitors will require longer than a few seconds to read a post and add a meaningful comment so any comments submitted within a short time threshold are identified as spam. Comments containing a large number of links are flagged as spam. The plugin uses an encrypted code and a honeypot to filter robotic submissions. All field names added by the plugin are randomized to prevent detection based on a source code signatures.
Configuration options include:
- Add spam to WordPress queue or block completely
- Send diagnostic information to site administrator
- Automatically compatible with the Micro Contact Form plugin to block spam messages.
Blocking options include:
- Honeypot Trap
- Randomized Internal Field Names
- Timestamps (minimum and maximum entry time)
- Aggressively check for excessive URLs
- Automatically block repeated spam from IP
- Automatically block repeated spam based on content
- Require User Agent string
- Require Referer
- Block Trackbacks
- Block Pingbacks
- Install Analytical Spam Filter through the WordPress.org plugin repository or by uploading the .zip file using the Admin -> Plugins -> Add New function.
- Activate Analytical Spam Filter on the Admin -> Plugins screen.
- Customize settings on the Admin -> Settings -> Analytical Spam Filter screen.
1. Deactivate the plugin on the Admin -> Plugins screen. All plugin files and settings will be retained.
2. Delete the plugin on the Admin -> Plugins screen. This deletes the plugin files, plugin database tables, and all plugin settings stored in the database.
Why did I still receive a spammy comment?
The plugin uses a number of methods to block spam comments without requiring additional human interaction (captchas). While these detection methods significantly reduce automated spam, they may not block all low quality, human entered comments. Use the diagnostic e-mails to establish the appropriate settings and thresholds to block the most spam. The plugin only blocks spam comments submitted through the default WordPress comment form.
Does it work with other comment plugins?
No. The plugin only blocks spam comments submitted through the default WordPress comment form.
Timestamp blocking is not working.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Analytical Spam Filter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Corrected styles for default themes
- Simplified styling for honeypot fields
- Corrected issue with gallery block formatting due to hidden field style
- Corrected warning for undefined variable
- Corrected missing parameter during initial checks for plugin database tables
- Updated notification wording when timestamp is invalid
- Strengthened and simplified URL counting capability
- Strengthened IP sanitization
- Added settings to stop administrator notifications for repeated spam submissions
- Minor changes to improve code readability and internationalization
- Initial Release