Add external media from a supported oEmbed provider (YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, Twitter, …) to the media library
- Upload the extracted plugin folder and contained files to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- Does this plugin import the actual external media content into the library?
No, external media attachments just contain URL references to the original resources
- How can I show an external media attachment with the specified width and height?
$oembed = new WP_oEmbed();
$oembed_width = get_post_meta( $attachment->ID, ‘_oembed_width’, true );
$oembed_height = get_post_meta( $attachment->ID, ‘_oembed_height’, true );
echo $oembed->get_html( wp_get_attachment_url( $attachment->ID ), array( ‘width’ => $oembed_width, ‘height’ => $oembed_height ) );
- Why are the width and height settings in some external media attachments being ignored?
Some service providers, such as Twitter and Instagram, have a maximum and minimum allowed width and ignore the height setting completely
Contributors & Developers
“Add External Media” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Add External Media” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Add External Media” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Add WP 5.3 support
- Code refactoring
- Hooking the plugin’s enqueue function into “wp_enqueue_media” instead of “admin_enqueue_scripts”
- Use language packs exclusively
- Language filenames updated
- Text domain changed to match the plugin’s slug
- Initial release